The LEGO Movie Wave II Speculations
With a new set and a new Unikitty minifigure announced at SDCC, I started to wonder what sets The LEGO Movie still has to offer. Here are a few I spotted before, which is to say there are probably plenty more that I have not seen so far (time to re-watch it soon!):
- The Copper Chopper is shown on the poster and mentioned by name in the movie, so I would be surprised if it did not make physical appearance.
- It seems Larry is a very popular character, so him getting a second variant within his own set would be awesome.
- The western vehicle Wyldstyle threw together when they escaped from Bad Cop the second time I called Piglet Express. It seemed very fragile for an actual build, but als got a lot of screen time.
- The Regular Everyday Transporter seems quite big (about the size of the Super Secret Police Dropship (70815) maybe), so the possibility of it becoming a set would depend on the play features.
- The cement mixer turned Concrete Crusher has the problem that it would be really similar to the Cement Mixer (7990) from 2006 in terms of color scheme and the Cement Mixer (60018) from 2013 in terms of construction design.
Of course there is also the very unlikely possibility of a Batwing/-mobile, as the ones from the movie where the coolest LEGO Batvehicles I have seen until now.
I have also noticed several Master Builders that were not yet made into minifigures:
- Michelangelo was already featured prominently in the first trailer of the movie, so I was surprised he did not show up in the Minifigures series.
- There will be a prospector in the upcoming Series 12, but he looks very different.
- The Trucker could also be a Lumberjack as he has an axe when he appears in “The Dog”, but then he would be very similar to the one from Series 5
Besides the Newspaper Boy, who I think is really cute, there are also plenty of construction workers with just as many set opportunities. Especially Barry shows up so often, that he deserves the physical minifigure treatment.
the teaser leaked…
OH MY GOD! IT´S MIND-BLOWING! BATMAN LOOKS SO FREAKING AWESOME AND SUPERMAN LOOKS PRETTY BADASS TOO!
I think i am going to cry…please let this movie be good!
Each one of us is a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal.
Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club
Job Interviewer: so what do you for fun?
FIRMLY GRASP IT